July 2, 2015

Big Brother Introductions! And a Bath

So, it was obviously my Mom's goal to bring Cooper and Miles to meet the baby as soon as possible! :)  Grandma Pam had given them baths and Miles was starting to doze on her sofa when it was time to come!  They entered excitedly! ...tired or not.

I grabbed my phone and videoed as they caught their first glimpse.

Cooper had the honor of pulling the blanket back to reveal that they had a baby brother!

And then we posed for a photo... me with my three boys!

Cooper wanted to hold Owen right away.  Miles was tired (and maybe just a tad disappointed it wasn't a sister) and opted to wait until the next day to give it a try.  They didn't stay long and my Mom took them home to try and get some rest.

There isn't much rest for new parents in a hospital though.  Soon we were taken from the delivery room, but before we made it to our new room, we stopped at the nursery.

Derek stayed with Owen while he got checked over and I was taken to get settled in a room.

I'm not sure Owen really appreciated his examination.


But we were glad to have all parts accounted for. :)


This was also when they discovered a possible fracture of his clavicle.
(which has since healed and not bothered him at all)

He was a little cold, so they warmed him under a light before they bathed him.

But soon he was washed down and had his hair shampooed.

Then had a little time to calm down...

With more warming under a heat lamp.

Derek text me that picture from the nursery at 11:50pm...
right at the time my calendar popped up saying it was almost Derek's birthday!
Yep! Owen missed sharing Daddy's  birthday by 2 hours and 55 minutes!

They were back in our room around 12:30am and we all tried to get some rest.  (ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment