May 28, 2015

Prepping

Early this morning, I kissed my boys and loaded them up...

And sent them off to Wichita with "G'ma" Pam!
They're going to visit their actual Grandmas for more than a week.

Which will give me some seriously-quality-baby-prepping time! And a little stay-cation for Derek and I, we already have a few date nights planned.  You know, we plan to go see a movie, something we don't usually choose if we have just a little one-on-one time.  But with a whole week without kids, why not? And it might be a while before we have the opportunity again!

Back to the subject of baby prepping.  We went to tour the hospital yesterday and it surprised me how excited I felt after the tour.  That's not the fun part, for sure, but it is exciting! We've also slowly been getting the baby's room ready and the boys love to help.  We set up our crib a while back, and now have a rocking chair... that the boys 'helped' assemble.

And a shelf, also needing assembled.  Cooper ran the screwdriver again.

While Miles spilled the screws.

We've been practicing using the rocking chair. :)
I welcome the distraction from tasks at hand when Miles asks to cuddle.

He'll always be my baby, but he'll only be "the baby" for a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment